Beginning in the 2023-2024 school year, the district's Early Childhood program will be held at Oak Terrace Elementary School, located at 240 Prairie Avenue in Highwood.
The mission of the Early Childhood Program is to provide high quality education for preschool-age children through a nurturing, engaging, culturally responsive and developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- We believe that children learn best through play. We believe everyone has the right and ability to learn.
- We believe in nurturing students to develop positive self-worth and confidence.
- We believe a culturally responsive environment supports student development and parent engagement.
- We believe that early childhood education provides the building blocks for creating life-long learners.
- We believe education is a partnership between home, school, and community.
- We believe in the importance of educating the whole child - intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and creative.
- We believe in utilizing evidence based methods and teaching.
- We believe that children flourish when instruction is engaging, hands-on, innovative, and fun.
We do not enroll students in preschool that are of kindergarten age (five years old on or before 9/1/2023). District preschool spots will be reserved only for students that are of preschool age.
AM Sessions: 8:40-11:10
PM Sessions: 12:37-3:17
Extended Day Sessions (Special Education): 8:40-1:55
Early Release: 8:40-11:10
We provide a healthy snack for all children in our half day programs. This snack varies, but always includes low fat milk, water, and a fruit or vegetable.
If your child has food allergies, please alert the office immediately. You may also bring an alternative snack if needed due to allergies.
If your address or phone number changes, please notify the office immediately. If you would like to make a change to your bussing, please fill out a transportation form and allow a week for processing.
Children in the full day program should bring their own lunch daily.
Children should come dressed to play outside and for the weather. Children do get dirty during active play, so please be aware of this when dressing your child.
Please make sure that your child wears or brings gym shoes every day.
All students should bring one change of clothes for school. In addition, children that are toilet training should bring the necessary supplies (diapers, etc).
If your child is tuition funded, payment is quarterly and students cannot start each quarter until payment is received. You may choose to prepay for the quarter with monthly payments, but all payments must be received before the start of that quarter.
Oak Terrace Elementary School
240 Prairie Avenue
Highwood, IL 60040
EARLY CHILDHOOD HOURS
A.M. Classes 8:40 - 11:10 a.m.
P.M. Classes 12:47 - 3:17 p.m.
Director of Early Childhood: