About Our School
DISTRICT 112 DUAL LANGUAGE SCHOOL
OAK TERRACE BELIEFS
We Believe That…
- All individuals are valued.
- Hard work, self-advocacy and determination are essential to achieving full potential.
- Our Oak Terrace community benefits when people willingly contribute to the well-being of others.
- Everyone is a learner, it’s our job to empower them to be successful.
- Learning enhances the quality of life.
- Collaboration and the ability to accept differing points of view are essential to thrive in a diverse and interdependent world.
- Honesty, integrity and respect build trusting relationships that foster a sense of belonging.
- Education is a partnership that brings together school, family and the community.
- Change involves risk and is necessary for continuous improvement in a dynamic world.
- Belonging precedes achievement.
- Diversity to university!
- We are strong because we belong.
MISSION STATEMENT WHAT AND HOW
Oak Terrace provides the means for every (child person everyone stakeholder) to belong and achieve in a diverse learning community.
Belonging! Diversity! Learning! Oak Terrace!
MOTTO/SLOGAN - IN SPANISH
We are diverse! Somos diversos!
We belong! Somos unidos!
We achieve! Podemos lograr!!
The mission of Oak Terrace school is to empower every student to become a responsible, life-long learner, create a sense of belonging and partnership with our community and encourage change through diversity in a climate of academic excellence.
Oak Terrace Elementary School
240 Prairie Ave
Highwood, IL 60040
Kindergarten - 5th Grade
8:35 a.m. - 3:17 p.m.
Mrs. Lilli Melamed
Directores Associados/Associate Principals:
Mrs. Annie Orlov
Colores de la Escuela/School Colors:
Red and White